Free Meals in our community. Enjoy the great food, fellowship and warm hospitality!
- Second and Fourth Sundays—4:30 at Bar Harbor Baptist Church. 46 Ledgelawn St., Bar Harbor. Childcare provided.
- Mondays from 3-6 pm Everybody Eats Free Community Meal— in the Parish Hall of St. Dunstan’s Church, 134 State Street , Ellsworth. Like them on Facebook “Everybody Eats-A Free Community Meal”
- Tuesdays from 4-8 pm. Open Table MDI is a new community group working to provide free community meals on MDI. Bar Harbor Congregational Church, 29 Mt. Desert Street. Like them on Facebook: “Open Table MDI”
- Wednesdays from 3-6 pm – Welcome Table – First Congregational Church – 2 Church St., Ellsworth
- Thursdays from November to April—Common Good Soup Kitchen—19 Clark Point Rd, Southwest Harbor. Call 244-3007 for info.
- Church of Our Father Thrift Store – 91 State Hwy 3, Hulls Cove. Open mid June until fall. Watch here for when they open and the hours.
- Serendipity ReSale Clothing, Kennebec Place, Bar Harbor. Click on the link to see their days and hours open: http://www.barharborfoodpantry.org
- Community Closet, 25 Eastward Lane, Ellsworth (near the bowling alley off Rte. 1) First 10 clothes and shoes items by donation if you can, $1 each after that. Yard Sale Room with household items, toys and more – priced cheap! See their days and hours open at http://www.communityclosetellsworth.org
The Bar Harbor Food Pantry.
The BHFP is located in the basement of the YWCA at 36 Mount Desert Street in Bar Harbor, Maine. The parking and entrance are at the back of the YWCA building. Generally open on the first three Tuesdays (9 a.m. to noon) of each month and each Thursday (4 p.m. to 6 p.m.) that follows. The schedule may change for holidays. https://www.barharborfoodpantry.org/
Birch Bay Retirement Village offers two monthly Caregiver Support Groups. The Caregiver Support Group now meets the first and third Tuesdays of each month from 2:30-3:30pm in the Birch Bay Village Library. Attendees are often family caregivers. Please share if you know someone who may be interested in attending.